Dolores Pandan Handbag
Our Pandan bags are made by the local weavers from Calatrava, Negros Occidental.
The weavers have been weaving pandan bags for almost 35 years!
To transform pandan leaves into a stylish bag takes a lot of time, effort and skill.
Here are the usual steps:
1. The harvested pandan leaves are cleaned and the thorns are removed.
2. The cleaned pandan leaves then are cut then boiled for about 30 minutes to get rid of the sap.
3. These are then ried without sunlight to avoid the leaves rolling up.
4. After being left for six hours, the leaves are soaked in plain water for another four hours.
5. Then they go through a whitening process by drying in the sun.
Then they are woven into the preferred pattern.